add

Friday 27 September 2013

I want to stay forever' - Wenger ready to sign new Arsenal deal

The 63-year-old says he is honoured by the backing from the club's owner Stan Kroenke and claims negotiations over a new contract would not need to be lengthy
Arsene Wenger insists he would be willing sign a new deal with Arsenal after the club's owner Stan Kroenke expressed his desire to extend the 63-year-old's contract.

Wenger's current deal with Arsenal expires at the end of the season, while the Frenchman had previously claimed that he was in no rush to open talks with the club's hierarchy.


But following Kroenke's public backing, Wenger joked that he would be happy to stay at the club forever and believes he would not need lengthy negotiations to agree a new contract.

"I'm very honoured to have the support of Stan Kroenke. That is something that is very positive for me," Wenger told reporters.

"I would love to be here forever because that would make me immortal! I love this club of course.

"The good thing with me is I don't need a lot of talk to extend the contract I have.

"I don't think that's most important thing at the moment. I said I want to focus on the quality of our season and no one can question my commitment to this club. I want to do well and the question of me staying will be secondary for that."

Arsenal travel to Wales on Saturday to face Swansea City in the day's evening kick-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment